Friday, January 20, 2023

Why create a blog now?

 Okay, so, I used to have a blog called Mythos Hoedown somewhere on the net - possibly on Tumblr? - but it's been so long that I genuinely don't recall where it was or how to get back to it. So I decided to recreate it here, on Blogger.

One of the major problems with the old blog is that I didn't have a lick of content to contribute to it. I never mastered the skill of saying something powerfully in a short space, as anybody who's read the FATAL review can testify to, and so my blog tended to lie fallow. (Which is to say no content whatsoever. was added to it, and it was never advertised.) Meanwhile, my custom wiki, where I put notes for various projects that I was working on, got the bulk of my attention but was hidden from public view.

I'm trying to invert that. What I'll be posting to this blog, at least initially, are excerpts from that wiki, ideas that I worked on that didn't achieve liftoff into a final product. There's some good writing and good ideas, albeit in fragmentary form. I hope that you'll find it at least interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 One of the major influences on Tesseracti , was, weirdly enough, Half-Life and Half-Life 2 ; every PC party had their own Controller, my sp...